Saturday, February 2, 2008

February




G-Shock number two is an ani-digi with some nice features. But we should talk about February first.
When I asked my wife which watch I should choose for this month she said it had to be the red one. Well I'm saving the red one for something different, and I just recently received this one from a seller on ebay. And seeing that the chapter ring is red I knew it would be okay.
I discovered this model when a poster on the Watchuseek G-Shock forum was asking about the availability of a solar charged, atomic time signal receiving G-Shock that looked "classy" or "dressy". He was also looking for something "squarish". I did a bit of searching and came up with this. I liked the looks of it so much I decided to buy it. Thanks again, Watchuseek forum.
Oooh, look! It's the same case as Sjors'.
I'm going to wear it awhile before giving it a review. But so far I do like this watch a lot.

"Lume" shot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Greg,

When I saw the GW-1400 models, i wasn't getting warm over them. I believe the first model I saw was bluish and had a resin strap. I think it was the squared like dial I didn't like.

The red rim around the dial does break the square for a bit and make the blueish solar cell more round in shape. I think this is a very nice model.

A nice surprise for me was the fact this one has the LED light. Very bright. I recommend not to put on the Auto EL at night if you wear it. The light is strong enough to wake me.

Cheers,

Sjors